Full-time permanent opportunity for a high energy leader to oversee, help build, and evolve our agency client’s media department. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the integrated media strategy and execution of for all of the agency’s media clients – with a focus on digital: programmatic, search, and paid social. Your role is critical in creating strategic media programs that perform and produce outcomes for the client and the agency. Additionally, a key component of the role is helping to integrate media into the agency’s internal teams, including strategy, account service and creative.
To be successful in this role, you must have experience and knowledge across a wide variety of media disciplines and demonstrate a strong understanding of B2B business objectives. You will also manage, nurture, and empower a growing media team and help the agency evolve its media offering with existing and new clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide media thought leadership, innovation and guidance to move client’s and agency’s business forward.
- Oversee the agency media team responsible for integrated strategic planning, technology and analytics.
- Steward disciplined media agency practice for cross-channel integration (with a heavy focus on online media platforms) throughout developmental, planning and execution stages.
- Provide leadership in programmatic planning by understanding demographic data and consumer profiles to help refine desired target audiences across media channels.
- Help build audience strategies and profiles utilizing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data sources.
- Continually assess the media group practices against relevant competition, industries and markets.
- Develop process improvements and best practices to ensure consistency, flexibility and efficiencies.
- Play a key role in new business development and pitches.
- Interface with publishing and technology partners to drive unique opportunities for our clients.
- Help to negotiate key media deals to ensure optimum use of budgeted funds and oversee media contracts.
- Provide budget management oversight across client portfolio.
- Monitor media for placement and time discrepancies and negotiate adjustments to time, space, or billing when necessary.
- Develop relationships to ensure a strong presence in key markets domestically and globally.
- Represent the agency in external communications at events, conferences, and in the press.
- 8 - 10 years of progressive levels of responsibility in media planning, buying and management.
- Must have a blend of experience that covers a broad spectrum of media channels (e.g. Programmatic, Analytics, Display, Social, Search) and a working knowledge of the digital media value chain
- Working knowledge of B2B digital media strategies including data-driven targeting, programmatic ABM, location-based marketing, and, PMP’s, and contextual targeting.
- Excellent knowledge of analytics, digital media theory, technology, systems and processes.
- Solid awareness of industry trends and planning/measurement models.
- High exposure and usage of research, data planning, and 3rd party ad serving tools.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Superior negotiation and value-added track record.
**LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY PLEASE** Client is located in Minneapolis/St. Paul MN metro.
Welcome to Antenna. We are a community of marketers dedicated to the idea that business problems aren’t solved by resumes. We believe real challenges deserve real people, real relationships, and real solutions. We carefully match our skilled professionals to the needs of all types of organizations, from project-based consulting to long-term assignments. Unlike transactional agencies who only scratch the surface, our model is built on face-to-face involvement. Our goal is to understand you, so we can advocate for your interests and help you steer your career. Through education, professional coaching, and shared tools and practices, we help you grow your value — year after year. If you’re ready for real challenges and a deeper kind of connection, Antenna could be your team. Real opportunity awaits